It’s time for the June edition of Blogger C.L.U.E. Society! This month’s theme was Picnic Food and what better luck than to be assigned to dear Wendy, who keeps all of her kitchen adventures and happenings over at A Day in the Life on the Farm!
Luckily for me, she had a fantastic Green Bean & Corn Salad recipe that she adapted from Fine Cooking Magazine that fit the bill perfectly! Green beans are really starting to take off here and I have been meaning to find new cold salad recipes utilizing these fresh green beans so one could say this was kismet! Not to mention, I’m on the hunt for some fun salads to serve at a little girl’s birthday party that is fast approaching….!
The salad is incredibly simple and easy to pull together, requiring only a handful of ingredients – mostly fresh and you can whip it up while you are enjoying your morning coffee! I do have to say that we really enjoyed this salad more after it sat in the fridge for about 24 hours. While it was tasty freshly made, the vinegar and olive oil really had a chance to marinate the veggies a bit and give it some oomph! that really made for the perfect summer salad!
For the recipe, please have a look at Wendy’s post here. Trust me, it’s so simple, so fresh and it’s certainly worth enjoying soon!
Don’t forget to check out what all the Blogger C.L.U.E. Society members are bringing on their Picnic!
- (Almost) Nancy’s Chopped Salad w/ Oregano Vinaigrette by Heather from girlichef
- Apple Chips by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Barbecue Chicken Salad w/ Smoky Barbecue Vinaigrette by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- California Quinoa Greek Salad;by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- Chicken Salad w/ Peanut Dressing by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Chicken Waldorf Salad by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Duck with Pear Wraps + Limeade with Chia Seeds by Kelli from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Fried Apple Pies by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Green Bean & Corn Salad by Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Date Cookies by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Olive Sables by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Puff Pastry Antipasto Squares by Anna from annaDishes
- Smoky Pimento Cheese Spread by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Baked Beans + Chickenburger Roll-in-a-Basket by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Thomas Keller’s Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kim from Liv Life
- Tuscan Bean Salad by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Watermelon Feta Salad by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- White Bean, Bacon and Rosemary Salad by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva